Kedarkantha is located within Govind Wildlife Sanctuary in Uttarkashi district. It is quite popular due to the trail's easy accessibility
throughout the year. It is considered easy to moderately difficult, making it suitable for beginners. In summer, the Kedarkantha trek
takes climbers through green meadows and pine and oak forests. In winters, the heavy snowfall received in the area makes it a
beautiful winter trek. Juda ka Talab is a famous lake en route to Kedarkantha Peak. This small pond lies in the middle of a pine forest,
and is a scenic camping spot. There are a total of 13 peaks of the Himalayan range visible from the Kedarkantha peak.
Duration: 4 Days
Grade: Easy to moderate
Max Altitude: 12,500 Ft.
Trekking Km: 20 Kms.
Base Camp: Sankri
Snow: December to April
Services from: Rishikesh to Rishikesh
Food: Meals while on trek (Veg.+ Egg)
Stay: Guest house/ Home stay, Camping
Day 1: Arrival at Sankri
• Altitude: 6,400 feet
• 250 km drive - approx 10-11 hours
• Trekkers will be picked from Rishikesh at 6:30am in a Tata Sumo or a similar vehicle
• Expected arrival time at Sankri – 5:00 pm
Day 2: Sankri to Juda-ka-Talab to kedarkantha base
• Altitude: 6,400 feet to 9,100 feet to 11,250 ft
• 8 kms trek, approx 7 hours
• The trail passes through dense pine forests, maple trees, few streams and finally opens out to beautiful meadows. Then trail
goes on a ridge, under oak trees. We also see some shepherds log huts in meadows.
• Peaks :- Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Kala Nag and Ranglana
• Stay in tents
Day 3: Kedarkantha base to Kedarkantha peak; descend to Hargaon camp
• Altitude: 11,250 feet to 12,500 feet to 8,900 feet
• 6 kms trek, approx 7 hours
• Spend some time at the summit and descend back to the base camp by noon for lunch
• Post lunch, descend down to Hargaon
• Reach Hargaon by evening
• Stay in tents
Day 4: Hargaon/ Talkhetra camp to Sankri , drive to Rishikesh.
• Altitude: 8,900 feet to 6,400 feet
• 6 km trek, approx 3hours
• Descend 2500 feet through dense pine forests
• Distance: 250 km drive, approx 10-11 hours
1. Accommodation (Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.)
3. Transport from Rishikesh to Sankri and return.
4. Trekking permits and Trek equipment (Tent, sleeping bag, sleeping matts, trekking poles)
5. First aid kits
6. Qualified trek leader and support staff.
1. Any personal expenses.
2. Mules to carry personal luggage.
3. Anything not specifically mentions under the head.
First timer can apply
• The climber must be fit and have sufficient stamina to cover 5 km of distance in 50 minutes without a stress.
• The climber should be able to carry a 10 kg backpack.
• Heart problems, high blood pressure, asthma, and epilepsy cannot be reconciled on this mission.
The climber must not have the
conditions mentioned above.
- Trekking Shoes
- Backpack Clothes
- insulation layers
- Sunglasses Suncap
- Trekking pole (a pair)