Dayara Bugyal, a high-altitude meadow near Uttarkashi, is considered one of the most beautiful alpine meadows in India. Ideal trek for
long weekends, it can be a perfect start for beginners. This region receives heavy snowfall during winters. The trek goes through
open land and dense forest at different places ending up at the vast expanse of lush green meadow. The splendour of the high
mighty Himalayan peaks like the Bhagirathi, Bandarpoonch, Draupadi ka Danda, Black Peak and others cradling Dayara is a truly
Duration: 4 Days
Grade: Easy to Moderate
Max Altitude: 12,100 Ft.
Base Camp: Raithal
Best Season: Round the year except monsoon. More snow in the winter months until April.
Services from: Rishikesh to Rishikesh
Food: Meals while on trek (Veg.+ Egg)
Stay: Guest house/Home stay, Camping
Day 1- Rishikesh to Raithal
• Altitude:7,400 ft
• Stay in Guest house/homestay
• Drive 180km (6-7 hours)
• View of Gangotri range , Front view of Shrikanth peak and massif view Gangotri range.
• Pick up time 06:00 am from Rishikesh.
• Route:- Rishikesh -Uttarkashi – Bhatwari – Raithal
Day 2- Raithal to Gui to Chilapada
• Altitude: 7,400 to 9,800 ft
• Stay in tents
• Distance is 6 km will take 5-6 hours
• Easy trail. Gradual ascend throughout with no water sources on the way, carry atleast 2 liters of water.
Day 3 - Chilapada to Dayara top and back to Gui
• Altitude: 9,800ft to 12,100ft
• Distance is 6 km (each way), 6-7 hours
• Easy to Moderate trail
• Carry enough water, only one water source near the top
• Massive views of many peaks and Dodital range from top
Day 4- Gui to Raithal to Rishikesh
• Altitude: 9,800 to 7,400ft
• Distance: 3.5 km 2 hours
• Easy descend all the way
• Drive to Rishikesh.
1. Accommodation (Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.)
3. Transport from Rishikesh to Raithal and return.
4. Trekking permits and Trek equipment (Tent, sleeping bag, sleeping matt, toilet tent, trekking poles
5. First aid kits
6. Qualified trek leader and support staff.
1. Any personal expenses.
2. Mules/Potters to carry personal luggage.
3. Anything not specifically mention under the head.
Who Can Go:-
• First timer can apply
• The climber must be fit and have sufficient stamina to cover 5 km of distance in 50 minutes without a stress.
• The climber should be able to carry a 8 kg backpack.
• Heart problem, high blood pressure, asthma, and epilepsy cannot be reconciled on this mission. The climber must not have the
conditions mentioned above.